The Payroll Director, EMEA position is a leadership opportunity focused on managing and elevating our regional payroll teams in Europe, Middle East and Africa. This role will be responsible for the leadership and management of our EMEA Payroll organization. The EMEA Payroll teams will support over 21,000 employees in 32 countries. The position will also play a key role in expansion initiatives including managing the implementation of 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries. Finally, this position will be responsible for the coaching, mentoring and leadership of the team of individuals and managers that provide the day-to-day payroll support. The Payroll Director, EMEA will be a part of the Global Business Services organization.
- Implement payroll operating model in EMEA in line with the global payroll operating model and HR shared services strategy.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of the Company's payroll in EMEA countries:
- Payroll issues are escalated and resolved with root cause analysis and corrective action for all levels of employees and management, with a focus on ensuring a positive and seamless employee experience in partnership with HR Shared Services.
- Oversee the timely preparation, processing, maintenance and appropriate distribution of payroll information, payroll reports, all tax year end reports, payroll manuals and related payroll working instructions.
- Establish partnerships with third party vendors to ensure effective service delivery.
- Ensure payroll services are processed in accordance with established global policies and procedures along with all legislative compliancerequirements (including tax and labor laws)
- Identify and implement appropriate control and compliance mechanisms.
- Establish and set operational strategy for owning all operating and SOX controls within team.
- Directs and audits payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing and ensure compliance with organizational procedures.
- Work closely with Legal, Compliance, and Benefits teams to identify, resolve, and avoid payroll compliance issues.
- Identify and drive continuous performance improvement projects to improve payroll accuracy, compliance, productivity and / or employee satisfaction in EMEA.
- Ensure end-to-end processes are well-thought out to address customer and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor case management activity levels, call volumes and HR/Payroll system activity.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for department.
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members to optimize operational excellence and create a deeper bench of experienced talent
- Manage projects across multi-disciplinary functions of Payroll within allotted time-frames and budgets, including activities arising from M&A.
- Maintains confidentiality of any payroll, private employee information and any proprietary information and ensures payroll information is secure.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Additional degrees/certificationssuch as: MBA, CPP, CPA, CMA, Six Sigma, etc. enhance candidacy.
- 10 years of relevant experience in payroll management in a diverse, complex global enterprise.
- Experience setting up payroll requirements for new tax entities and for M&A activities.
- Strong project and change management experience, with the ability to manage project plans, dependencies, critical path activities and milestones.
- Knowledge and experience with stock, travel and time and attendance programs.
- Deep knowledge & experience working with payroll vendors & platform technologies.
- Proactive, motivated, results oriented individual capable of partnering with diverse perspectives and backgrounds to negotiate positive outcomes that impact the work of internal, external and cross-functional partners.
- Strong leadership skills - Leading, coaching, developing and inspiring a diverse team - setting team goals, measuring success and communicating achievements.
- Demonstrated focus on providing an excellent employee experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, complex and highly matrixed environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information to all levels of the organization are required.
- Travel requirements are estimated at up to 25%
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific